Research and Test Lab
MFG Research and Test Lab
Material Development, Testing, Validation and Problem Solving
A distinction between MFG and other composite manufacturers is the support we provide customers through our dedicated R&D laboratory, MFG Research. It is in fact the largest and best-equipped in-house laboratory in the composites processing industry and can provide you with expertise in materials testing, material selection and process development, along with the ability to rigorously test and verify product integrity.
This resource translates to customer value:
- Accurate, fast-response technical and laboratory support that enables MFG to help you improve your products, accelerate development cycle time and reduce fabrication costs.
- Should problems arise while your product is actively in service, we can assist you with testing, analysis and remediation guidance.
- The lab is A2LA-Accredited, Certificate #1280.01. (see complete list for details).
- The lab has ISO/IEC 17025:2017 certification, the standard for Testing Competence of Laboratories.
- A la carte testing and validation services are available to support customers in the development or selection of materials or processes for any composite product.
Download A2LA certificate and full scope of our accredited tests here.
|Mass Reduction With Value-Engineered Composites||Guidance for light-weighting (mass reduction) of products using advanced composite materials.|
|Technical Design Guide for FRP Composite Products and Parts||Fiberglass (FRP) composite materials and processes are explained in detail. This design guide outlines various selection criteria with helpful technical data and comparisons to alternative materials.|
|Guide for Selecting Best FRP Composite Process||Guidelines for Selecting the Best FRP Composite Process for Your Project|
|Preform Binder Technology White Paper||Technical paper discusses the critical properties and processing characteristics of directed fiber preforms as they relate to the different types of binder systems that can be used to produce the preforms.|
|Research & Testing Lab Capabilities||Video||Short video that explains and highlights the value-added research and testing services that are available for customers of the Molded Fiber Glass Companies (MFG). Narrated by Peter Emrich, CCT-CM, Vice President of Technology at MFG.|
|Facts About Styrene 2013||Video||Educational video on the effects of styrene. This video is part of ACMA's Risk Communication Program that provides information tools about chemical health risks.|