Commercial Vehicle Parts
In the 60's, MFG blazed the trail of composite material conversion for the commercial truck industry. Today we are a major supplier to OEM's of class 6, 7 and 8 commercial vehicles. With sales exceeding 40,000 units/year, MFG is the top producer of composite roof caps in North America.
Offering the gamut of materials and processes, we can support specific requirements for appearance, aerodynamics, durability and weight. Our involvement in other demanding industries augments the value we bring to truck OEM’s with material breakthroughs such as advanced fiber reinforcement and alternate resin technologies that help reduce weight. Our R&D research and testing laboratory is approved for composite processes and materials by leading OEM’s.
As a longstanding partner to commercial vehicle manufacturers, MFG is resourced to meet your needs in the areas of quality assurance, JIT delivery and project management. Our Design Center works closely with customers to achieve product designs that are fully optimized for manufacturability. Rigorous program management during design, tool building, initial part approval and production launch ensures complete synchronization with your delivery needs.
In addition to basic molded panels, we provide installation of interiors including cable and wiring, insulation, cabinets, lighting and trim panels. We also offer in-line sequencing – ready-to-paint assemblies delivered to your plant right on time.
Value Added Services
- In-mold coating, weight reduction, packaging design support, part consolidation, material innovation, prototyping, professional project management
- Plants located across the USA and Mexico enable JIT delivery and low transportation cost
Quality and Other Certifications
- ISO-9001, ISO/TS-16949 and ISO 14001
- Hood assemblies, Fenders - full, half and quarter, Cowl panels, Roofs – mid, raised, Trim tabs and fairings, Sun visor assemblies, Structural door surrounds, Exterior trim - rocker panels, A-pillars, Air deflectors
Under Hood Panels
- Fan shrouds, Windshield wiper housings (rain trays), Cooling modules, Battery boxes/covers, Engine covers, interior/exterior, Firewalls
- Under ride protectors (under cab/chassis fairings), Door surrounds, Load floors, Trim panels
In-Line Sequencing Assembly at MFG
|iNVENTA™ 74109 Ultra Light SMC Material||The ultimate material for mass reduction, featuring a specific gravity under 1.11 (~60% lighter than standard SMC formulations).|
|Mass Reduction With Value-Engineered Composites||Guidance for light-weighting (mass reduction) of products using advanced composite materials.|
|Technical Design Guide for FRP Composite Products and Parts||Fiberglass (FRP) composite materials and processes are explained in detail. This design guide outlines various selection criteria with helpful technical data and comparisons to alternative materials.|
|In-Line Sequencing Assembly Capability at MFG||Video||Short video that explains and demonstrates MFG's depth of capability and experience in the field of special assembly services for automotive and heavy truck manufacturers. In-line sequencing is showcased in detail.|