Quality Engineer/ Aberdeen, SD
Aberdeen, SD Manufacturing
Develop, implement, and monitor Quality Department Teammates and procedures pertaining to plant quality systems in their areas of responsibility. Ensure compliance to all customers, corporate and plant quality policies, procedures and requirements. Provide leadership in the implementation of quality improvements and corrective actions.
A summary of the essential functions of the position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for managing the Quality Teammates in a designated area.
- Manage the implementation and evaluation of quality processes, emphasizing those which provide cost savings or improve production methods.
- Manage apps in the QMS software, including programming and developing new apps to upgrade QMS systems already in place.
- Query and analyze process data using statistical techniques like SPC, ANOVA, t-tests, and process capability metrics.
- Develop or implement software packages to further process improvements. This could include coding or learning coding in various languages such as C++, VB, Python, or others.
- Maintain, and develop, quality specifications in their area of responsibility.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for training, counseling, yearly reviews, labor tickets, and discipline of Teammates in their area.
- Administer Teammate’s time within established guidelines.
- Maintain quality systems of operation in their areas of responsibility.
- Maintain product inspection criteria and complete Teammate training of such.
- Maintain receiving inspection procedures if applicable.
- Perform random Quality system audits; report on findings to Quality Assurance manager for corrective actions.
- Interface with production Teammates in resolution of quality problems and determine information needed for non-conforming products i.e., scrap, rework, etc. that will need to be reported.
- Notify suppliers of non-conformance issues and determine follow-up actions.
- Complete all Plant Quality Reports for their area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain 6S area evaluations in areas of responsibility.
- Maintain all Lab equipment and training of all lab equipment. (DSC, FWF, Gel Time etc.)
- Complete special projects as assigned. (Gage R&R etc.)
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering required. Training and background in implementing ISO 9000 series system will be required.
- Experience: Minimum 1-5 years of experience in Management. Experience with ISO 9000 series and contemporary quality systems. Minimum 2 years of background in areas of product/material testing, inspection quality assurance and SPC. Experience gained in plastics environment desirable. Minimum 1-5 years of composites experience preferred and hands on experience with implementation of engineering processes and procedures. Technical knowledge and experience with vacuum infusion molding with epoxy resins, hand lay-up and spray lay up of epoxy and polyester resins, compression molding, gel coat application, and surface painting of composites parts preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office tools required. Experience with databases, data queries, software coding, data manipulation, and learning new software preferred.
- Teammates directly supervised: 0-10
- Teammates indirectly supervised: 10-35