MATERIALS MANAGER/ Aberdeen, SD
Aberdeen, South Dakota Manufacturing
Manage Inventories, Raw (direct product cost) and Expense (indirect product cost) and all purchasing policies, programs, and procedures which ensure the procurement of materials meeting quality, price, and delivery requirements, along with all major material movements from product purchase, delivery, distribution to point of use, movement of semi-finished and finished goods, in addition to loading of customer owned / sold product.
A summary of the essential functions of the position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Purchase all raw materials (direct product cost), including Fiberglass, Hardware, Paints & Coatings, Resins & Curing Agents, Core materials, and other direct and directly consumed materials
- Oversee the purchase of all “expense” items from items consumed indirectly to office supplies.
- Create, implement, and monitor all purchasing procedures and policies.
- Interface with internal departments on materials, specifications, and locate material vendors.
- Initiate and forward requests for quotation to candidate vendors/suppliers.
- Obtain pricing special tooling and facility equipment needs.
- Prepare necessary reports and maintain records on outstanding and received orders as well as materials utilized.
- Assist in selecting purchasing software applications.
- Develop and maintain ISO 9000 purchasing procedures, as required.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse, purchasing, and supervisory Teammates.
- Plan, develop, and implement warehouse safety, security programs, and activities.
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities such as: production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Examine invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Evaluate freight costs, sales and excise tax, as well as, other inventory costs associated with transit times to ensure that costs are appropriate.
- Develop, maintain and implement various “material handling” programs and procedures to ensure the safe movement of materials throughout the manufacturing facility, including the movement of semi-finished (WIP) and finished goods.
- Develop and implement plans for facility modification or expansion such as equipment purchase, changes in space allocation, or structural design.
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
- Develop implementation and monitor Master Production Plan and inventory control in line with business objectives.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
A. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business-related major. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)/CPIM-APICS Certification.
B. Experience: Minimum 4-6 years of diverse industrial purchasing experience. Knowledge of plastics and raw materials preferred. Working knowledge of ERP systems.
1.Teammates directly supervised: 2-5
2. Approximate annual purchases: $10,000,000-$40,000,000
Send Resumes to: