Health, Safety & Environmental Manager/ Aberdeen, SD
Aberdeen, SD Manufacturing
Manage all programs, policies, and procedures which ensure compliance with Environmental Safety and Health requirements. Develop and/or coordinate safety and health programs and Teammate training activities, which help ensure a lower incidence of on-the-job accidents and promote overall safety and health.
A summary of the essential functions of the position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Environmental Compliance:
- Complete the timely reporting of necessary documentation pertaining to SARA Title III, V, Tier II, and related environmental requirements.
- Develop plans and procedures on handling hazardous waste and emergency spills; train Teammates on plan implementation.
- Obtain the necessary documentation to obtain permits in relation to environmental issues.
- Coordinate the disposal/transport of waste products and complete paperwork.
- Employee Health:
- Coordinate and complete all Industrial Hygiene and Employee Health testing; maintain records and notify Teammates of test results.
- Implement procedures pertaining to use of protective equipment.
- Develop and promote Teammate Wellness programs.
- Maintain interface with Teammates and Doctor’s on work related injuries.
- All issues and procedures that are related to South Dakota Workers Compensation.
- Workplace Safety:
- Review all Teammate injury reports and maintain OSHA-300,301,300A logs.
- Develop safety rules and interface with Supervisors on their implementation.
- Administer Hazardous Communication Program.
- Assist in Teammate forklift training.
- Organize activities of Safety Committee.
- Interface with OSHA representatives on all compliance issues.
- Prepare necessary corporate and division Safety Reports.
- Develop and administer annual safety budget.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
A. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Environmental Science. Must remain current on position responsibilities through participation in continuing education workshops, seminars, etc.
B. Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of background in assisting an industrial Safety and Health program. Experience in a highly labor-intensive environment preferred. Must possess effective interpersonal and communications abilities.
Teammates directly supervised: 2-5